Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Official


I'm one of those people. You know, one of those pet owners that calls their pet their child. Yes, Rootin is my baby. My husband and I think of him as our child.

I went to the recycling center today which is behind a grocery store which is next to Pet Food Express and I went in to look and see if there was anything I could get for him. Everywhere I go, if I see a pet store and have time, I'll stop and see if there is anything that I can get for him.I even look in the pet isle at the grocery store thinking maybe they'll have something cool there!

I used to think wow, these people are crazy, do they realize that it's just an animal? However, I do think there are crazy people out there that take their pet obsession too far - like the couple that brings their chihuahua to my brother's house even though my brother is allergic and asked them not to bring the dog over. I'm allergic to most cats and know how awful that can be. Not to mention rude and disrespectful.

So while I am one of those people that considers their dog to be their child, I am happy to report that I will never be one of those people - you know, the crazy ones ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment